back to RStefan01.com
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:06 pm 

I can't tell if this is some weird, rabid Americanophile-Japanese otaku teaching aid thing or a xenophobic parody teaching aid thing.

And I still can't figure out if this reads right-to-left or left-to-right.

Santa nooo

what

waaiii ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

what the fuck

WHAT THE FUCK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:16 pm 

God bless you Japan. You bring the world so much joy.

I think it's some sort of bizzaro manga political commentary. The panel that gets me is the 'Marines never abandon their wounded' one where she's holding an anchor. Why is she holding an anchor? Fucking Japan, what's wrong with you?

DoW2:
Heroes Played: Kommando, Force Commander, Apothecary, Warboss, Chaos Lord.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:18 pm 

Did you not notice the text in the last image? That is some scary WTF

As for the anchor, I think it's like her magic weapon or something given to her by that chick who may or may not be her mommy or something.

I may have to seriously reconsider joining the military if they hand out magic weapons.

Edited By Fradener on 1157404935

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:40 pm 

So, because she's a Marine, she gets a magic anchor? I guess they took the whole marine thing literally...

I didn't notice the 'Grade 1' and 'Grade 2' part. So this is like the booklet that comes with a sound CD to teach Japanese English? And the first thing they teach kids is how to swear in English... are you sure this hasn't been photoshopped?

DoW2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:45 pm 

If it's 'shopped, someone did an extremely extensive job. The two CD/Manga scans I have are 140+ pages.

Also, they made a website. Babelfish Translation of the story:
(Note: For some reason Maritan gets translated as "The ball."

Quote:
"* The ABOUT THE ball it is it is The kingdom ' ぱ り of magic the meeting viewing ど which is done ' the partner in regard to the security of the United States. The troop is sent to also Iraq. The princess ball of such a country it is 12 years old of tomboy quantity. The ball it is there was a dream in the king woman. That becomes the cute marine soldier. The ball it is every night, we asked to Stars and Strips and Bible. It is a certain night... strange light wrapped her, voice was audible. ' Was light seen? Great light? When virgin Mary is respected, word huh! ' _ air be attached when she "marine soldier" to become be be do! The ball which had become the will firm marine soldier it is boarding to the being stationed American 軍機 stealthily, it went on a journey to America. The ball it is there was a purpose. That makes freedom and democracy the person of the world know. It meaning that threat of the pivot of badness has approached in the world, it does. Heart now you cannot permit the hoodlum easily in phosphorus. Unless it is and the っ ぱ strikes hard the air is not completed. Don't you think? ' the marine soldier ぴ habit る of magic * the ball it is it is ' with the ball which becomes it is, also is, it harasses and - with the あ - sees and - with it is with makes also today high together because of righteousness! !"

This only raises further questions. ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:53 pm 

What the fuck?

Okay so its about a magical Japanese girl that becomes a US marine and goes to Iraq(?) to destroy the pivot of badness and the hoodlum in phosphorus. Fuck, someone needs to do a full translation.

DoW2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:57 pm 

TGF wrote:
Okay so its about a magical Japanese girl that becomes a US marine and goes to Iraq(?) to destroy the pivot of badness and the hoodlum in phosphorus. Fuck, someone needs to do a full translation.

Also, she's a princess. How and why her mom is an officer in the U.S. military and a queen I don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:15 pm 

Her mom is Queen of the US Marine corp.

Speaking of crazy Japanese portrayals of America... Mobile Suit Gundam PRESIDENT.

I would totally vote for him if I were American.

DoW2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:59 am 

The Marines have a queen?

Also I noticed that place has a web-comic which is updated once every two weeks. Hmm. That makes me wonder if the more Japanese related a web-comic is, the longer it takes to get updated. I'll call it the "Megatokyo Factor."

On the trailer:
Peter Griffin: "That. Is. Awweesome."
Especially since they don't mention the political leanings of the coup forces, so I'm free to pretend it's liberals who got tired of not getting elected democratically.

Did I see that right though that the Vice-President is the evil guy? His mech looked evil. I should watch it again with the sound turned on maybe.

But fuck, it's on the Xbox? Noo. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:05 am 

Well, if they have a Princess, then they obviously have a queen. Duh.

Well, when they showed that shot of America united under the coup in the DNN broadcast, all the states were red. But the (evil) Vice President was leading the coup though, so presumably whatever party was actually elected also did the coup. So it's like... Al Gore overthrowing America to implement Kyoto. Obey the Gore.

Watch it with the sound on. It's originally made in English, but it's only ever been released in Japan for some reason. But the President's yelling "YEEHAW" as he goes into space (for some reason) is nonetheless an awesome thing.

DoW2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:22 pm 

Since this is the 'lol wtf Japan' thread... here's another way Japanese learn to speak American (while also exercising):

Spare me my life!

DoW2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:41 pm 

No, but, see, she was like the princess of.. some other magic country I thought.

All of the states being red could mean anything. For some reason people go back and forth between Blue being GOP and Democrat. Red usually means Republican, which is kinda odd since the Democrats are the left leaning ones and Communism = Red. Or maybe that's what happened and Communists took over. Or maybe it's just supposed to show that America went red... with blood. Clearly more information is needed.

Also, that video is awesome. I just wish they hadn't cut off at the end, I think I was learning something from the strange white guy who could speak Japanese. Well not really, but I wanted to see where they were going with it. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:30 pm 

Don't deny it. Red = Republican. I even saw people selling t-shirts with a picture of American all Red and Republicanized. Though yeah, maybe it's blood too. It's Japan, so it probably was really... the aliens from Metal Slug, in reality.

I'll let you know if I find anything more from that exercise/English teaching aid video. I think it'd be hard to top that though.

DoW2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:25 pm 

Honest, I have seen some fruity maps where the Republican states are Blue and the Democrat states are Red. I remember it precisely because I'm so used to Red = Republican.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:05 am 

Yeah, well, what are the chances that Japan knew about the red/blue thing? 99% of the time, red = republican. But again, that just means that the President (i.e. good guy) was a Republican, since it's the VICE PRESIDENT who took over. So it's Bush battling against Dick Cheney's coup.

Anyhow... I will now broaden this thread to the subject of 'crazy foreigners lol wtf'. This is a Swedish music video (word is that it's really popular over there) about an IRC bot named Anna. The song itself is rather annoying to listen to, but the lyrics (subbed), are funny. Anyway:

Boten Anna

DoW2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:44 am 

Now with voices.

Oh Japan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:09 am 

That's just too much.

DoW2:

Post subject: Re: Learn to Speak American with help from Maritan!^_^ - Ha ha w
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:16 pm 

In collaboration with the person who does Maritan, the U.S. Military is releasing a new Manga.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... oint-manga

http://www.usfj.mil/manga/

translation needed STAT