Switch to full style
Discussion on just about anything!
Post a reply

Re: New Computer

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:25 am

All black. I went a bit overboard on the rest of my specs but since it's a business expense it felt justified.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:08 pm

“All black”

Of course it was.

“Business expense”

I love paper-thin excuses to build sweet-ass rigs.

I mean, a fucker could build in one of those shitty $20 cases off Newegg. You know the ones, with the sharp edges that nearly sever fingers during the build. But what fun is that when you can get a stylish, sweet fucking fucker.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:13 am

> “Business expense”

Maybe the video card was, since my dreams of creating the next great battle royale IOS game never materialized, but most of my shit done is work related here.

> But what fun is that when you can get a stylish, sweet fucking fucker.

Yeah okay, point taken. But I don't think the IRS gives a shit. And I pay my accountant enough to abstract that away. $100 case vs $30, no one gives a fuck.

Do you not deduct business expenses against income tax against in Canada? It's essentially a 35% discount here. (state + federal)

I thought teachers bought all sorts of stuff on personal dime and at least got to claim it as an expense. Like pencils and shit. Texas Instrument calculators. If you're preparing coursework on your shitstation, maybe it can be claimed?

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:48 am

In any case, the stuff you've picked out looks great. Keep us updated

Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Do you not deduct business expenses against income tax against in Canada? It's essentially a 35% discount here. (state + federal)

I thought teachers bought all sorts of stuff on personal dime and at least got to claim it as an expense. Like pencils and shit. Texas Instrument calculators. If you're preparing coursework on your shitstation, maybe it can be claimed?

People with legitimate businesses can deduct things. Teachers don't run businesses. We can't deduct much. It's only a couple years ago that they decided to allow a small deduction for shit like pencils or chalkboard brushes, but we sure can't deduct computers.

Can your teachers actually do that? If so, that's pretty impressive. Of course, I'd rather get paid what I get paid with no deductions than get paid what they get paid with. US teachers are known to have very poor salaries indeed.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:04 am

Hmm. I was thinking you could if it was a work-related expenditure, but maybe that is not correct... Not worth getting audited over certainly

Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:34 am

It is possible in the U.S. but it is up to you whether it is worth the risk of an audit. I think a modest deduction would go under the radar.
https://www.monster.com/career-advice/a ... d-expenses

Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:36 am

Canada is a bit more restrictive and precise
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... oyees.html

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:17 pm

Got this little motherfucker for the price of the next model down. In other words, 8 cores for the price of 6. How can you argue with that? 20% off eBay discounts are great! Could I have gotten a uber-cheap 6 core with that coupon? Sure. But why? WHY?

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:13 pm

ROMS

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:24 am

So I got everything and I put it together. Upon firing it up, I came to the only conclusion I could possibly come to.

I am history's greatest monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIFlNokW69g&feature=youtu.be

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:43 am

Good CPU!

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:43 pm

34” ultrawide

Safety always off

Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:03 pm

are you suffering from ligma?