A super deluxe(DX) emphramabrication cydellex prougelleator 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I am a jew who won't even celebrate Secular Present Opening Day 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I am a horse. Neigh! 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
I got a rock 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:46 pm 

> Although there are lots of theories

It's kind of like how Star Trek has to keep revising their story when they realize that old stuff they said in episode 13 makes no sense. This is what happens when you don't think out things in advance. They should have had Tolkein's son write the universe.

> Here, you don't even have to buy them.

Wait. Am I going to go to jail for downloading this? Well, on the up side, at least I'll have plenty of reading material if I do. Phew that's a lot of reading! Thanks for the link though, joking aside.

I will post back with updates, my reflections and thoughts, as I catch my breath after each chapter (I am easily winded and sometimes it's a struggle getting out of the couch for more beer and chips). Should I start a new thread for this? We could do a group reading of "Wheel of time" and do the same, a book series so terrible the author contracted Down's syndrome and died from writing it.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:21 pm 

Osiris wrote:
I will post back with updates, my reflections and thoughts, as I catch my breath after each chapter (I am easily winded and sometimes it's a struggle getting out of the couch for more beer and chips). Should I start a new thread for this? We could do a group reading of "Wheel of time" and do the same, a book series so terrible the author contracted Down's syndrome and died from writing it.

Yes, definitely. I look forward to reading your insights. Careful though, you will grow some hair down there when you begin reading the Horus Heresy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:29 pm 

Things get arbitrarily reconfigured in 40k all the time. Other things are just left as a sort of ambiguous blank slate. It's a great universe for the purposes of making references, but in terms of seriously following it... well, let's just say that there are perils.

I've done serious thinking about the thought of pirating books and have yet to reach a conclusion. When presented with the opportunity last year I thought to myself 'no stealing is wrong, I should just get the book out of the library'. Then I thought to myself: 'Wait, what is the difference between doing those two things?' I am still torn about the subject.

But the Horus heresy isn't worth any money (some would argue you ought to be paid to read them) so feel free to download them. Don't worry, this position is supported by international law.

Quote:
We could do a group reading of "Wheel of time" and do the same, a book series so terrible the author contracted Down's syndrome and died from writing it.

I think this might possibly be the funniest thing anyone has ever said.

DoW2:
Heroes Played: Kommando, Force Commander, Apothecary, Warboss, Chaos Lord.