back to RStefan01.com
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Starcraft Beta
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:24 am 

Damn, I forgot about Dinobot and where he worked and how he sometimes posts here. I should've acted all desperate like Fradener too, rather than trying to look cool by being all indifferent.

Is it too late? Should I be all like 'I've vaguely known you since I was in the 10th Grade Dinobot, now is the time to cement our long-standing passing acquaintance'? I'd probably come off as a total poser if I did. I better not. But still, damn. Getting to rush Fradener with some Zealots or get Fradener to play a 2v1 comp rush for 'practice' only to backstab him would've been pretty rad.

DoW2:
Heroes Played: Kommando, Force Commander, Apothecary, Warboss, Chaos Lord.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 am 

Could you take pity on him, Dinobot, because it might help answer a mystery. The mystery of whether or not Naelok was serious about backstabbing me in every RTS game ever. I don't believe he ever actually had the opportunity to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:44 am 

I backstabbed Durin in WC3 one time. True story.

He was pretty upset by my doing that though so I felt bad and let him have a normal 1v1, which he won handily.

I imagine that SC2 won't even allow that kind of tomfoolery though.

DoW2:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

You can still attack allied units like in WC3, but as far as I can tell you can't change ally status like in original SC.

Also just got out of a random 2v2 game... guy dropped on the other team, and then my router locked up like 30 seconds later. I had four starports just finishing with an expansion going while my ally had like four marines, wonder how that ended ;p

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 pm 

RStefan01 wrote:
You can still attack allied units like in WC3, but as far as I can tell you can't change ally status like in original SC.

Also just got out of a random 2v2 game... guy dropped on the other team, and then my router locked up like 30 seconds later. I had four starports just finishing with an expansion going while my ally had like four marines, wonder how that ended ;p

I have been doing a lot of arranged 2v2 games lately. Yesterday afternoon, the opponents destroyed every building I had and also destroyed all my Ally's buildings except for two Gateways. They had control of half the map with three expansions each. We ultimately won. While I only had 2 Drones alive, I forgot that I had about a dozen Mutalisks stashed in the corner of the map. Fortunately, while their bases were filled with Photon Canons, their Probes and Nexus were unguarded, so I harassed their economy until they ran out of cash. Eventually, we rebuilt and slowly destroyed all their canons. That game was over an hour. Oh, and I loved all their trash talk on how we sucked. Really? That is a lot of talk from somebody who lost. =)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:44 pm 

Let's exchange names, I'm Fradener.fradener iirc.

Not real names though. Why would they do that. I can count on one hand the number of people I've told my real name to over the internet in 14 years.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:51 pm 

Also, I am God Awful Terrible at this. I spent an hour and a half fighting a Very Easy AI. Against an actual person, only a Special type who never figures out how to build anything or do anything would have taken more than a tenth of that time to wipe me out.

In my defense, they have a unit counters page thing and I kept looking at that and forgetting what they were so I'd look at it again and then just build two of everything after rebuilding the expansion that the AI destroyed while I was mucking about.

For some reason the ai said "gg" but kept fighting until the end anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:00 pm 

You can add me via my webmaster@negafox.com address. I use negafox.Suigintou for playing online.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:44 pm 

What can I say?

Negafox is the fucking man. I wasn't disappointed about not getting a key because I figured it was like winning the lottery or being struck by lightning. But I'm actually in a Blizzard beta... this has never happened before! I'm going to gloat to all my friends now non-stop.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

DoW2:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:00 pm 

So tempting to just call in sick.

Me and Frad did a quick comp rush experimental game. I zealot rushed. It's weird to be playing a game that's so similar to the game I played in high school. Although the hotkeys are different! I think! I'm pretty sure it was P for Pylon before but now it's e.

My name is Naelok.naelok by the way. I don't know why they make me have two names. Add me!

DoW2:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:05 pm 

Negafox wrote:
You can add me via my webmaster@negafox.com address. I use negafox.Suigintou for playing online.
I can't add the latter. :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:05 pm 

*sigh* If only I had fancy and generous inside contacts...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:41 am 

I'm waiting for the next wave for an invite. So busy between physio and raiding that I don't couldn't really contibute to a beta regardless.

I remember that back stab like it was yesterday.

You played as human, made a lot of peasants, tp'd to my base and then started attacking my keep.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:46 am 
Site Admin

Fradener wrote:
Let's exchange names, I'm Fradener.fradener iirc.

Not real names though. Why would they do that. I can count on one hand the number of people I've told my real name to over the internet in 14 years.

Not sure why they use real names, but I'll be using it anyways. It'll be nice to be able to talk to people playing WoW while I'm on SC2, or the other way around.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:13 am 

bnetd - NEVER FORGET

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:12 am 

What was bnetd again?

Anyhow, I played my first 1v1. Frad you don't have to worry about being the worse player, as the guy I fought was much worse than you are. Since the game is almost exactly the same, I'm trying to remember my old strategies... like Dark Templar drop. I loved that. High risk, but when it works it's just so hilarious.

DoW2:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:13 am 
Site Admin

So we have:

negafox.suigintou (Real ID: webmaster@negafox.com)
Fradener.fradener
Naelok.naelok
Richard.rstefan (Real ID: rstefan01@rstefan01.com)

I think you may not have been able to add Negafox because he had the S capitalized up there, but it automatically forces it to lowercase. If it's case sensivite, that may be why. It worked fine for me with lowercase.

I've got the three of you added to mine, not sure if I missed anyone in this thread. If you want to add me, you can use either thing, though Real ID doesn't work with World of Warcraft yet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:25 am 

Added peoples.

I played a FFA. In the FFA I built an expansion, some cannons for defense and then carriers and then nothing else besides a Mothership. I then attacked moved their bases one by one and was like "HEY GUYS DOESN'T THIS REMIND YOU OF OLD TIMES?" lols.

What other strategies did I have in SC? So far I've done Dark Templar drop, Zealot rush, mass Dragoons (errr I mean Stalkers) with High Templar/Half Life 2 thing support and Carrier spam. I used to be fond of Reaver Pop, but Reavers are replaced with those big things from Half Life 2. I tried walking some of those things up a hill to kill some workers but they die a bit fast. I'll have to try Corsair (or whatever they're called now) harass vs. Overlords sometime. I liked doing that a lot.

DoW2:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:35 am 
Site Admin

Naelok wrote:
I played a FFA. In the FFA I built an expansion, some cannons for defense and then carriers and then nothing else besides a Mothership. I then attacked moved their bases one by one and was like "HEY GUYS DOESN'T THIS REMIND YOU OF OLD TIMES?" lols.

lol, I've done a bit of the same, but with TERIN BATTELCRUSARS!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:46 pm 

Whenever I get online no one else is on. We need to set a time for an all-out RStefan01 FFA or 2v2.

DoW2:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next